11, 01. 2004
Pulp & Paper industry organizations
Japan Paper Association
Comprised of 38 member companies. The website offers general information and statistics on the industry and links page to its member companies.
- Oji paper
- One of 2 largest manufacturers of papers. The company’s predecessor New Oji Paper merged Honshu Paper and became top-ranked maker of paperboard as current company name Oji Paper.
- Nippon Paper Group
- Holding company formed via business combination between Nippon Paper Industries and Nippon Daishowa Paperboard. One of 2 largest paper makers in rivalry with Oji Paper.
- Fourth paper manufacturer after Daio Paper, producing corrugated board and paperboard. Has many direct-managed plants all over the country.
- Mitsubishi Paper Mills
- Fifth largest paper manufacturer in sales, and leading coated paper maker. Features photosensitive materials.
- Hokuetsu Paler Mills
- One of leading pulp and paper manufacturers, with paper and whiteboard as 2 mainlines. Known for sound management.
http://www.hokuetsu-paper.co.jp/annual03.html (Annual Report)
The competent authorities
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Statistics on paper and printing industry is available on the website.
- The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries of Japan
- The ministry offers statistics on forestry on the website.
- Ministry of the Environment
- Information on environment policies and the white reports are provided on the website.
Other organizations related to the industry
- Japan Paper Association
- Composed of 38 member companies. The association conducts researches on the industry. Statistics are available on the website.