3, 08. 2006
- Yamada Denki
- Largest mass discount home electronics retailer in Japan. Facing ever-intensifying competition from Kojima Co. and K’s Denki Corp. Grown sharply with low prices and opening of large-scale stores. Known for efficient management.
- Holding company managing home electronics retailers “Eiden” and “Deodeo.” Makes alliance in the field of product development with Joshin Denki, Midori Denka and Best Denki. Pushing ahead with group-wide CRM strategy.
- Major consumer electronics retailer with Metropolitan Tokyo area Tohoku district as operating base. Has strength in PC-related lines and digital AV equipment. Also has specialty shops of game equipment and musical instrument.
- Mid-size consumer electronics retailer with main operating base in Tohoku aria and central and southern Hokkaido areas. Recently expanded into Kanagawa Prefecture. Operates direct-run stores and PC specialty stores under DaC name.
The competent authorities
- Fair Trade Commission
- Established as an administrative organ of the state to achieve the purpose of the Antimonopoly Act. Has the character of being an administrative organization under the council system, consisting of a Chairman and four Commissioners.
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- One of the central government offices in Japan. Newly created in January 2001 as the successor of the abolished Ministry of International Trade and Industry. Aims at strengthening private economy, smooth development of external economic relation and to secure the steady supply of mineral and energy resources.
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
- One of the central government offices in Japan. Created in January 2001 through the integration between Ministry of Health and Welfare and Ministry of Labor. Deals with medical administration, labor policy, social insurance, social security, pension and so on.
- The Small and Medium Enterprise Agency
- Dealing with small and medium enterprise policies (management, finance, budget, commerce, region, consulting, information service.) Also dealing with small and medium enterprise law.