3, 15. 2006
- Yahoo! Japan
- Top-ranked Internet business company boasting broad user base and customer appeal. Affiliate of Softbank. Originally engaged in information search service but current mainlines are high-speed Internet connection on ADSL, advertising and auction in conjunction with Softbank.
- Operates well-known Internet shopping mall web site “Rakuten Ichiba.” Highly interested in M&L, taking advantage of funds raised through public subscription. Diversifying business through M&L. Owns a professional baseball team.
- Independent company specializing in planning, production and operation of Internet websites. Aggressively engaged in M&L activities. President and other company executives were arrested in connection with security fraud scandals in January 2006.
- Established in January 2001. Engaged in banking service, primarily financial settlement via electronic media. Main shareholders are GMO Internet Group, Sumitomo Corporation, and Yamato Life Insurance etc.
- Matsui Securities
- Major securities firm, engaged in trading business on Internet aimed at individual investors with unique commission on stock trading. Formerly typical regional owner company but made remarkable growth on strength of Internet trading.
- Monex Beans Holdings
- Holding company controlling Monex Inc. and Nikko Beans Inc. Established in August 2004. One of the largest Internet-based securities specialist companies. Main shareholders are Nikko Cordial Corporation, Sony Corporation etc.
- D.A. Consortium
- Second-ranked in Web-based advertising space sales behind Cyber Communications of Dentsu group. Joint-ventured company between Hakuhodo and Asatsu-DK. Expanding into animation and e-mail advertising from existing mainline banner type.
- Established in November 2000. Online shopping site dealing with books, electronics, DVD etc. Aims to be the most customer friendly online store in the world through cutting-edge online shopping technology. One of the international sites managed by Amazon. com.
The competent authorities
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC)
- Responsible for creating the fundamental national system of Japan. These systems include the national administrative organizations, public service personnel system, information and communications postal services, and statistical systems.
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- One of the central government offices in Japan. Newly created in January 2001 as the successor of the abolished Ministry of International Trade and Industry. Aims at strengthening private economy, smooth development of external economic relation and to secure the steady supply of mineral and energy resources.
Other related organizations
- Next Generation Electronic Commerce Promotion Council of Japan (ECOM)
- Carrying out various activities related to electronic commerce (EC), such as developing rules, presenting proposals to governments and conducting international standardization activities based on user needs in order to enable secure use of e-commerce without distinction of general commerce and BtoB transactions.
- Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (JIPDEC)
- Established in December 1967. Engaged in promotion of information security measures, electronic signature & information technology trends and policies. Also engaged in dissemination of information technology and training of information technology engineers.
- Japan Electronic Data Interchange Council (JEDIC)
- Voluntary organization promoting activities related electronic data interchange (EDI) including dissemination, enlightenment and standardization of EDI. There are 59 members.
Related Stories in J-CAST News
Recent Stories in this category